One of the luxuries of being a homeschooling family is my girls eat a hot meal almost every breakfast. They’re favorites are basically anything you can put syrup on. Pancakes, French toast, and waffles.
I was gifted a second hand waffle iron from my mom who never used it. Its an easy appliance to find used at a thrift store or kijiji for under $20. If your kids love waffles it might be worth the investment.
Any way, converting my recipes have been super easy, thanks too…ground flax.
Yup, one tablespoon of flax mixed with three tablespoons of liquid is an egg. That’s basically the only change I made to most of my recipes.
Super Easy Vegan Waffles
2 TBS ground flax (I used bobs brand)
2 cups non dairy milk
1/4 oil (I use whatever I hit first in the pantry, except sesame)
2 tsp of Vanilla extract (optional)
2 cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1. Mix flax and milk, let sit for a minute. I usually pull out my iron and plug it in while I wait.
2. Add the rest of the wet ingredients.
3. Add the flour and baking powder
4. Mix well, and cook on waffle iron.
5. My super old waffle iron has a light that goes on and off when the iron is preheated or waffles are done cooking. Another tip, don’t over fill the space in the iron the baking powder makes this spread nicely.
6. Add toppings and enjoy!